Implementing Sigmafine in LNG
The liquified natural gas (LNG) industry is emerging as one of the fastest growing segments in the energy space. As LNG plants strive to meet the increasing demands of the market, they’re recognizing the important role data validation and accuracy play in making informed business decisions that drive growth.
To maximize that growth and achieve operational efficiency, LNG plants are using Pimsoft’s Sigmafine software to improve production data consistency, quality, and traceability. Sigmafine’s robust data reconciliation engine validates raw plant measurements, serving as a validation checkpoint between a facility’s raw process data and its information personnel.
Benefits of Adopting Sigmafine
More Accurate Production Accounting
Sigmafine empowers meter and data accuracy by identifying and reducing measurement biases and drifts. The software seamlessly identifies data inconsistencies, bad values, and gross errors by aggregating multiple data sources (e.g. historicized data, laboratory data, external inputs) into one dataset, thus creating a single, accurate source of truth.
Complex Production Allocation Management
LNG facilities may have complex joint ventures that govern the type and quantity of materials that are produced and consumed. Sigmafine properly allocates volumes and energy according to the ownership structure. Furthermore, Sigmafine’s model of the intra- and inter-company materials transfers, combined with flow meter data and inventory measurements, provides the ERP system consistent, accurate production and consumption balances. This effectively eradicates end-of-month misalignments and provides a traceable, transparent source of material balance data.
Up-to-Date Composition Tracking
Sigmafine’s composition tracking analyses provide up-to-date estimates of materials stocked in inventories or fed to process units. Estimates can be calculated daily or even hourly, empowering operations teams to fix production deviations quickly.
Near-Real-Time Energy Balance
Sigmafine applies mathematical constraints to perform near-real-time energy balances and thus increases energy efficiencies. In this model, Sigmafine is typically configured with mass and energy balance supported by a LNG extension.
Ways to Apply Sigmafine
Sigmafine’s flexible modeling and data analysis capabilities make it ideal for:
- Accounting for and allocating production within complex joint ventures or multi-affiliate sites
- Monitoring plant and equipment performance
- Managing energy
- Validating environmental data
- Tracking the composition and quality of materials
The Benefits of Investing in Data Quality
Improved data quality in the LNG industry can facilitate:
- Production allocation based on corporate structure
- Accurate royalties calculations based on a balanced production account statement
- Stock loss reduction due to improved inventory balancing within the overall mass balance
- Accurate meter technology evaluation
The Business Impact of Sigmafine
Sigmafine provides LNG facilities significant opportunities for business and operational improvement, including:
- Validating process data quality
- Optimizing meter accuracy by identifying and reducing measurement bias and drifts
- Applying constraints to balance energy contents and assess gains and losses
- Tracking natural gas composition levels and energy output quality
- Allocating volume and energy according to even the most complicated ownership structures
- Creating ad hoc solutions to support tank management, inventory reporting, LNG calculations, compliance reporting, and more
Sigmafine References in LNG
Customer: RasGas (external RAS PPT) - Learn how to condition measurements for allocation and royalties calculations.
Used for: Production allocation, production accounting
Benefit Enterprise information automationLearn More